Going out on a date with someone you like is a beautiful experience but can be nerve-wracking if you don’t know what to wear.
You second-guess all your clothes and wonder if your favourite outfit is not too showy for the occasion.
You want something that’s not too casual and not too formal for the date and still makes you look attractive to the person you’re planning to meet. You want an outfit that’s comfortable yet fashionable. But it seems all your outfits fall on the extreme ends of that parameter. Then you think of cancelling the date because you couldn’t decide on the clothes to wear.
Don’t you do that! Why don’t you try rocking ankle-length pants to that date?
Almost everyone who has a thing for fashion has ankle jeans in their wardrobe. These pants are very comfortable to wear for all occasions and are always in style. Ankle-length pants are associated with a carefree and flexible attitude, so you should wear them if that’s what you want to portray to your date.
The TrendSpotter said that pants and a cute top make a better and more sophisticated option than fussy outfits. You can wear them for formal or casual dates, it depends on how you wear them. That is, the accessories you pair them with.
Are you wondering how to pair them with your other accessories? Or if they would look good on you? No worries, this article will show you how to rock this fashion staple to a date and look gorgeous and fashionable.
So, let’s dive in!
What are Ankle-length pants?
The name itself is self-explanatory. Ankle-length pants are pants whose length stops at the ankle or above it. Its normal length is two to three inches above the ankle bone. The hemline is either tapered, straight, or left wide.
Ankle-length pants are also called cropped pants. They’re sleek, tailored, tapered on the hem, and reveal the ankle. The main purpose of the pants is to show off your ankles, thereby creating a slimming effect on your body.
If you want to wear them appropriately, you have to know how to style them.
They can give you a flattering silhouette and make you look taller if you pair the ankle-length pants well with other accessories. On the other hand, it can look odd if the pants are too far from the ankle. Also, they can make you look shorter.
NB: It’s different from capri pants. Ankle-length pants are a few inches longer than capri pants.
Types of Ankle-length Pants and How You Can Wear Them.
1. High Waisted Ankle-length Pants
High waisted ankle-length pants start from the navel. They hide your belly while making your hips more pronounced. These types of ankle-length pants create a narrow waist effect.
- You can pair your high waisted ankle-length pants with sneakers for a casual look on a date after work.
- This type of pants also goes well with a crop top and flat shoes (if you’re tall) or high heels (if you’re short).
2. Formal Ankle-length Pants
These types of ankle-length pants are mostly worn to work. The pants’ front pockets are draped, adding some unique elements.
- You can pair it with a pair of loafers or high heels, a chiffon top, and a blazer for a formal and elegant look.
- Avoid these pants if you are heavy at the bottom as the protruding pockets will make you look heavier at your waist area.
3. Ankle-Length Jeans
These are certainly the most popular ankle-length pants as compared to other ones. It’s made from denim and sometimes, cut-off at the hemline.
- You can go for a casual, trendy look by pairing it with ankle boots or sneakers and any kind of top. (E.g t-shirts, chiffon shirts, cardigans, etc)
4. Wide Ankle-length Pants
The hemline of these pants is wider than normal pants. Though it stops at the ankle, it’s very free on the body.
- You can balance the wide legs of the pant with high heels (to elongate your legs) and a form-fitting top for a chic look.
- Don’t wear flat shoes with these types of ankle-length pants, especially if you’re short.
5. Distressed Ankle-length Jeans
Also made from denim, these types of ankle-length pants are frayed and ripped. It’s meant to be worn on a very casual outing, for example, a friends’ hang out.
- You could wear a plain colour tee shirt and sneakers or ankle boots to balance the casual look.
NB: When wearing ankle boots, allow your jeans to be at least one or two inches above your boots to show a bit of your ankle.
- Dress up with a structured blazer
- Pair them with a button-down shirt
Things you should not do if you want to enjoy wearing ankle-length pants to a date
- Don’t go overboard with the makeup. It destroys the casual, laid-back look you’re aiming for. Do simple and classy makeup.
- If you’re going to wear distressed jeans, make sure they’re not too ripped. Over-ripped jeans can make you look like a rough person.
- Avoid pairing your ankle-length jeans with tops that take away attention from the date or that don’t flatter your body shape.
- Don’t wear ill-fitting ankle-length pants. That is, don’t let them be too tight or too loose.
- Avoid using accessories that you’re not comfortable with. You would be too busy trying to adjust yourself to enjoy your date.
- Don’t wear high heels that you’re used to wearing.
- Don’t wear ankle-length pants that are more than three inches away from your ankles. At that point, your pants are no longer ankle length but capri pants.
- Avoid extravagant and bogus jewellery. For a simple look, your accessories must not overwhelm your ankle-length pants.
Why you should rock Ankle-length pants for a date?
- They look good in all heights and ages. It doesn’t matter whether you’re tall or short, there are ankle-length pants for you.
- They fit all types of body shapes when paired well with other accessories.
- They are versatile and stylish.
- They help to create a pleasing silhouette by flattering your body shape.
- They add more inches to your height by lengthening your legs.
- You can wear them with different kinds of shoes like loafers, sneakers, ankle boots, high heels, etc.
- Ankle-length pants are super comfortable and you don’t have to worry about looking immodest on your date.
- They help you to flaunt your beautiful ankles.
The main advantages of wearing ankle-length jeans on a date are their versatility and comfortability. You can wear it to any outing and not look out of place there. You could go to your office in it with loafers and switch it up with sneakers or flat shoes to go for your date. Just ensure the ankle-length you’re choosing to wear are something you’re comfortable with and that they showcase your personality.
Now you know what ankle-length pants are and how to rock them on a date with complimenting accessories, you will need to get them at a trusted boutique or store.
You can get different varieties of ankle-length pants at affordable prices to stock your wardrobe at our store here.